Become a NAMHSA Member
Find a NAN-Qualifying Show
Become a NAMHSA Member
Bylaws & Policies
Find a NAN-Qualifying Show
Member Show of the Year
NAMHSA Press Room
Show & Results Archive
Keep up on the latest NAMHSA News.
NAN 2015 Results can be found here: http://nanprogram.com
NAMHSA Membership Changes
The NAMHSA Membership recently voted for a change in Membership protocol. You may view the changes to the Bylaws in this file, http://www.namhsa.org/temp/BylawsChangesforONEmembershiptype.pdf.
NAMHSA members have voted to approve the following changes to the membership structure. In summary, the changes established and the reasoning behind them are as follows:
1. Eliminate all Show memberships effective July 1, 2015.
2. Eliminate all Individual memberships effective July 1, 2015.
3. Starting on July 1, 2015, there will be ONE membership type that is all-encompassing. This membership will be termed "NAMHSA Membership." Individuals holding a show or individual membership as of April 30, 2015 will automatically have their membership type changed to NAMSHA membership.
4. A NAMHSA membership will entitle the member to one vote and whatever other privileges/perks are included with membership. No individual may hold more than one NAMHSA membership at a given time.
5. The membership period will follow a traditional calendar year of January 1-December 31, as opposed to memberships currently following the NAMHSA show year of May 1- April 30. The NAMHSA membership will follow a 2 year term and will remain at the current rate of $30. Irrespective of the join date, the NAMHSA membership will expire on December 31 of the following year. [For example, if a person joins on July 1, 2015, the membership will expire on December 31, 2016.]
6. A NAMHSA membership will be required to host a NAMHSA member show. A show holder may join with submission of a members show application. A NAMHSA membership will cover the expenses of NAN cards for the first show up to the $30 membership fee. Show fees above $30 will be paid for by the show holder, and the $30 membership fee may be applied only once during the 2 year membership period regardless of how many member shows said show holder hosts during their membership period. For the transition period: the $30 "credit" toward member show fees will not apply to NAMHSA memberships that were converted from show or individual memberships held prior to July 1, 2015.
7. Regardless of the number of show holders for any one particular show, the NAMHSA membership will be assigned to only one designated show holder. If any of the additional show holders wish to have the benefits of NAMHSA membership, they will need to apply and pay their own dues for a NAMHSA membership.
1. Create unity within our membership as opposed to division
2. Streamline the entire process
3. Make tracking and processing memberships and votes much much easier for all involved including the members themselves.
Over the next few weeks we will be updating the website with the new terminology. For now, these are some of the most important points to keep in mind.
Effective on July 1, 2015
Individual Memberships, now called NAMHSA Memberships:
If you joined in 2013, your OLD individual membership would have expired on April 30 2015, so you no longer have a membership.
If you joined in 2014, your OLD individual membership would have expired on April 30, 2016. Your NEW NAMHSA membership will now expire on December 31, 2016.
If you joined/join in 2015, your NEW NAMHSA will now expire on December 31, 2017.
If you join anytime in 2016, your NEW NAMHSA membership will start on January 1, 2016, and will expire on December 31, 2018.
Showholder memberships, now called NAMHSA Memberships:
If you held a show in 2014, your show holder membership will expire one year from the date of your show in 2015.
If you held in show in 2015, your show holder membership will expire one year from the date of your show in 2016.
If you are planning on having a show after 7/1/2015 (not those applied for previously and with an approval date before 6/30/2015), you will now need to apply for a NAMHSA membership, and fill out the form along with the paperwork for your show. All NAN-Qualifying Show Holders must be NAMHSA Members. Your NAMHSA membership will expire on December 31, 2017.
All NAMHSA memberships are now one vote per person. The number of shows any one person holds has no bearing on the number of votes one receives.
Your 2015 North American Nationals was held in sunny California at the Palm Springs Convention Center June 26, 27 and 28, 2015.
NAMHSA would like to thank the NAN 2015 Co-Chairs Donna and Harvey Stone, Registrar Jim West, and the numerous judges, stewards and other integral volunteers that made NAN happen. Thank you all so much!
Member Show of the Year winner for the 2014-2015 Show Year is Butterflies and Bell Boots, hosted by Colleen McNamara and Angela Youkers
NAMHSA Seeks a year-round Fundraising Coordinator and thanks Erin Corbett for her time and efforts in the position.
NAMHSA Database Proposal
Breyer Live Show Benefit Program
The Breyer Live Show Benefit Program has been renewed for 2015. Shows approved for the program in 2015 will receive a Limited Edition Breyer called Razzmatazz, the Western Pony mold in a dun appaloosa, to be given away to a lucky show entrant. Shows interested in joining the program must be NAMHSA Member Shows, and we encourage all our Member Shows to apply. For more details, check it out here, http://www.breyerhorses.com/2014_Live-Show-Program-Info.
Shop NAMHSA Merchandise at Cafe Press
Make Custom Gifts at CafePress